We are expanding our team and now looking for a Senior Sous Chef to work in our busy seafront Inn so experience in a high volume establishment is essential.
Job title: Senior Sous Chef, from £25k full time, part time pro rata
Responsible to: Senior Management.
• To have total accountability for the day to day running of Dukes kitchen
• To monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
• To ensure quality control measures and hygiene systems are achieved at all times.
• To purchase all food and food related products using company nominated suppliers
• To achieve food budget cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage.
• To actively participate in the ongoing management and development of menus.
• All paper work is completed and stored correctly
• To maintain all equipment within the catering operation through due care and diligence as instructed.
• To notify the Senior management regarding engineer call outs for all repairs on catering equipment, unless otherwise instructed.
• To be responsible for the actions and discipline of all staff in line of company procedure and liaison with HR
• To participate in the identification of training needs of all staff on both an individual and group basis, including work methods, safety at work, health, hygiene and quality.
Health and safety
• To participate in the HACCP procedure according to the company’s Food Safety Management document.
• Ensure cleaning schedules & closing down procedures are carried out
• Ensure the company’s Health and Safety Policy is fully promoted and arrangements have been made to carry out the policy.
To understand and have a working knowledge of all current Health and Safety legislation and Food Hygiene legislation. Ensure labelling is carried out as per HACCP
• Quality of goods purchased is monitored and temperature records kept.
• Arrange COSHH training as required
• Ensure all porters are trained to Basic food hygiene level as a minimum
• To report and where possible take action about customers complaints and compliments.
• Respond to dietary and allergen requirements and ensure suitable planning
• Constant monitoring and negotiation of stock prices
• Manage food costs to achieve budgeted GP’s.
• To be able manage staff resources to achieve budgeted Payroll
• Stock rotation and use by dates for the production of food are followed and food is produced so not to contribute to wastage.
• Preparation of all paperwork for bi monthly stocktakes
• Working with the Chef and other senior managers to develop new dishes and menus.
• Liaise with the team where necessary in the planning and delivery of functions & events.
• To be involved in service and quality standards and to monitor and strive for the achievement of those standards.
• Take prompt action to resolve any complaints or problems, in accordance with company policy/processes.
• To lead the team by example.
• Attendance at all management’s meetings and trainings
If you would like to work in our busy seafront Inn please send your CV and covering letter to Anna Webb in Personnel by clicking on the Apply button.
Sidmouth Inn Ltd, The Esplanade, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 8AR