We are looking for a proactive Assistant Management Accountant to join our Accounts team. The main function of the role is to assist the Financial Controller in producing the monthly Management accounts and support other members of the accounts team where required. This is a full time position on a permanent basis.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carry out month end processes including processing accruals and prepayments
- Maintain all ledgers and control accounts accurately
- Provide Nominal Analysis
- Identify and correct posting errors on all ledgers
- Review postings and ensure that they are posted to the correct nominal.
- Management of the Fixed Asset register including adding additions and posting journals
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams and provide cover as required.
The skills and experience required for this role are:
- Experience in the preparation of management accounts
- A strong working knowledge of both accounts payable and receivable
- Good analytical problem solving ability
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to recognise and correct errors.
- Able to organise and manage own workload to ensure your contributions to the company’s monthly financial reporting is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Good communication and listening skills
- A strong team player with the desire to support others
- Knowledge and experience of Sage 200 is desirable
You will be an approachable and motivated individual, and be enthusiastic about contributing towards the values of our family company.
Life at Axminster
We are keen advocates of growing our own people and promoting from within whether it is a move sideways or upwards; we want people who strive for excellence and are excited to be a part of our journey!
Having a modern and friendly environment for our workforce is at the heart of our company; we encourage all staff to be ambitious and we have a strong learning and development ethos together with a wellbeing programme to support our employee’s lifestyles.
You can expect a varied benefits package on joining us, alongside a competitive salary and excellent working conditions.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply Direct button to visit www.axminster.co.uk/careers to apply directly for this position.
Alternatively, please contact the HR department:
Human Resources Department, Axminster Power Tool Centre Ltd, Axminster, Devon,
Telephone: 0800 1076937